Although Pathfinder focuses on generating money, this lesson covers one of the biggest misconceptions we have about money: if we make more money, we’ll be better off. It doesn’t matter how much money we make, but rather how we spend and save it. Take two Pathfinder clients as examples: Client A worked at Home Depot making $30,000 a year and had his finances in order and spent less money than he made. He was financially free. Client B was a doctor making $250,000 a year and was financially upside down; as he received salary increases, he’d incrementally spend the increase and more.
The more people make, the more they spend. Being upside down financially affects every aspect of your life: family, marriage, leisure activities, emotional health and the list goes on. Whether you earn a salary of $50,000 and you spend $55,000 or if you’re organized and have your finances in a row—there’s always room for improvement and new information to learn.
Purpose of the Pathfinder Program:.
1. Learn how to get out of debt completely (including your home mortgage in nine years or less).
2. Improve your relationships.
3. Pay up to 50 percent less taxes each year.
4. Learn how to make a smooth transition into retirement.
5. Establish lasting wealth for generations to come.