The medical field has always offered wonderful career opportunities and seems to provide not only job security but favorable incomes in many facets of the medical environment. The demand is a constant and unless people quit getting sick, it appears there won’t be any problems in the future finding a need for the medical professional.
Careers in the medical field vary but you can certainly find many different opportunities. You can go into mental health or family practice as a tech, doctor or nurse. You can set your own hours with a career which offers flex-time, part-time and full time opportunities. You can be your own boss in many areas of the medical field especially if you are a physician or psychologist in private practice. The career possibilities are endless.
In the mental health field, registered nurses are in high demand. Psychologists and Psychiatrists can find a job with ease. Social workers are in demand in mental hospitals and drug treatment centers. Psych techs are in high demand now within mental health facilities and many psych techs are paid up to sixteen dollars an hour in larger cities and that’s for someone who has a high school diploma and a willingness to learn through on the job training!In pediatrics, the medical field is wide open. Careers for child psychologists and nurses are available and of course, physicians who are ready to go to work in private practice or as an important part of a family group practice will be pleasantly surprised with their working environments in most cases.
Careers for nurse practitioners and physician assistants are in high demand. Many physician assistants and nurse practitioners are making as much as a family physician if they are in the right field. Surgery Physician Assistants make over $100,000 in some areas and most of them have a three or four day work week which can give a career opportunity a lot of appeal.
Dermatology offers registered nurses, PAs and medical techs many possibilities and often the dermatology offices are closed either on Monday or Friday which again, offers appeal. Dermatologists draw good salaries and career minded physicians can work alone in private practice or in a group.
There are so many careers to consider in the medical field. If you aren’t sure of the many possibilities, then take a look at our comprehensive list below. The following opportunities are available and make great career choices with most of them in high demand!• Physicians ranging from Pediatricians to Psychiatrists.
• Nursing opportunities ranging from registered nurses to LPN and CNA possibilities.
• Medical techs such as psych techs, radiology techs and medical techs.
• Medical transcribing.
• Medical records and billing opportunities for clerical work and auditing.
• Counseling and crisis work for psychologists and psychiatrists.
• Clerical work in many capacities. There are many other medical field opportunities and there are many opportunities for food service employees too. Medical personnel in the hospitals count on the food service within the deli or cafeteria twenty-four hours a day. People who want stability in their careers in the food service industry often choose food service careers within the medical industry. They need the job security and find the salaries are often far better than those realized in the restaurants in the surrounding areas.
When you begin your search for a career, look online at the Occupational Handbook placed online by the US Labor board and see if you can find a career that’s not only in high demand but one which will satisfy your long term goals for salary and educational requirements. Be familiar with your career opportunities before you lock yourself into a permanent career choice.