Image consultants: Why do we need them?.In the past, there is no such thing as an image consultant. There are people who will help us get dressed or those who will advise to change our attitudes in work. But they are not paid for their suggestions. Often, most of these suggestions are even unsolicited.
This is perhaps because people in the olden days do not really care how people see them or if they do, they don’t need to change their image to please a larger population. Today, the advent of the computers and the television media has spurred the need for this kinds of professionals. More and more people are now able to follow the lives and movements of people around them. Their actions are documented and they are more in need to keep their image wholesome and clean.
But not all people are in need of image consultants. Some can get by without one. So who are the people who need this kind of help?. Here is a rundown of the people who frequently hire image consultants.
1. Movie Stars. Constantly on the limelight, their careers and the movie projects that they get will depend on the reputation that they build. This is especially true for newcomers who are just starting to build their names in the movie industry. Often, their managers are the ones who will hire image consultants to help them become more presentable to the public especially when they are invited for guestings and awarding events.
2. Politicians. Do we even need to rationalize why these people need image consultants?. From the way they dress to the way they speak in front of the camera, every little thing is being scrutinized. These people are not just in the limelight, their reputation and their every action will define the line between victory and defeat.
Also, some politicians make use of image consultants to help them in their campaign. Some consultants are masters in changing the appearance and demeanor of a candidate to suit the state that they are campaigning in. After all, in order to win, they need to be able to win the hearts and the minds of the natives in that state.
3. CEOs. Top honchos of major corporations must also keep up appearances if they want the good image of their companies to stay. This is especially true if the company is at the center of a controversy. Top honchos must appear sincere and trustworthy so as to minimize public scorn and distrust that may severely affect the business’ stocks and sales.
4. Spokespersons. People who are often called to issue statements for companies, government agencies and the like are often asked to hire image consultants to improve on how they put themselves across to people. Their appearance, like the CEOs will largely affect how the rest of the country and the world will see the company that they represent.
5. Frontliners and sales personnel. People whose jobs often deal with people like the marketing and sales departments also undergo workshops from image consultants to improve the way they are perceived by people. These people as you will remember are the ones that are out there representing the company.
Their good images will reflect on how people perceive the company as a whole and in the long run, can translate to sales and marketing success.